Over the last few decades, technology has been a driving force in business transformation and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. The fact that direct digital transformation investments are projected to total $7 trillion between 2020 and 2023 demonstrates this.1 If you want your firm to succeed, you must have the appropriate technologies to help you keep up with the changing business world. Let’s take a look at the tech trend predictions for 2022.
In the present scenario, your technology must enable you to overcome three recent pandemic-induced issues:
- Supply chain disruptions
In 2021, supply chain interruptions cost businesses throughout the world an average of $184 million.2
- The great resignation
In September 2021, 4.4 million people resigned from their jobs in the United States alone, setting a new record.3
- A rise in ransomware attacks
Ransomware affected 68.5% of businesses in 2021.4
Businesses must keep up with the demands of the evolving technology landscape if they wish to achieve their goals and remain competitive despite the changes brought about by the pandemic.
Track the latest technological trends to know if you are moving in the right direction. Having a managed service provider (MSP) on your side allows your business to stay up to date without you having to do much heavy lifting.
Top 4 tech trend predictions for 20225
- Third-party risks will increase
In 2022, third parties will be involved in 60% of security incidents. This means that firms that fail to invest in the risk management trifecta of people, processes, and technology may face cyberattacks.
Proactive businesses will include risk assessment, supply chain mapping, real-time risk intelligence, and business continuity management in their IT stack (rather than a single application like Excel).
- One-third of companies will fail at implementing “work from anywhere”
To successfully and securely empower remote workers, organizations need to deliver:
- A precisely designed digital workplace that allows for seamless working from anywhere
- A leadership team capable of leading a virtual team
- An organization with high levels of digital literacy across all departments
- A thorough mastery of work-from-anywhere concepts
However, a third of the companies still lag in these areas.
- Cloud-native takes center stage in enterprise cloud
Cloud customers will change their business strategy to be completely cloud-native rather than using the cloud for only a portion of their portfolio.
Also, cloud-native adoption is predicted to reach 50% of enterprise organizations by 2022, spanning all major technology domains such as big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things.
- Tech execs leap from digital to human-centered technology transformations
In 2022, technology executives will concentrate on fixing long-term problems. The best will embrace a customer-centric approach to technology, allowing their organization to quickly reconfigure business structures and capabilities to meet future customer and employee needs with adaptability, innovation, and resilience.
Collaborate for success
If you are in NYC or Long Island and want to get your technology infrastructure ready for a successful year, you’ll need the help of a dependable managed service provider (MSP). Feel free to contact us to set up a free consultation. Our expertise and skillsets may be precisely what your company needs to help remote workers thrive.
- Statista (worldwide-digital-transformation-market-size)
- Statista (cost-supply-chain-disruption-country)
- Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, 2021
- Statista (businesses-ransomware-attack-rate)
- Predictions 2022, Forrester